Friday, October 10, 2008

An Adviser for Chicago Shoppers?!



Chicago is the city that shops and that is why I almost found it funny that Chicago Tribune (web edition) would find it necessary to have a "Shopping Adviser." Shopping adviser or not, shopping I am going and so would a lot of women I know. But hey, how could you resist reading an article entitled, "Battle of the Mega-Discounters?!"

In this article Ellen Warren compares two discount chains that we all know and love (well, I'm not so sure about the "love" part for everyone) TJ Maxx and Marshalls. Anyone who knows me would say that I would never be caught dead carrying an inexpensive bag but when it comes to clothes I am always about getting a bargain. The author takes us to the said stores' downtown Chicago flagship locations, and scrutinizes everything from their selections, to the fitting rooms and restrooms, down to the checkout lines.

It's been a while since I last visited any of these two stores but I think I'm due for another bargain-shopping spree. And although the author had a preference for Marshalls over Maxx, a cow-patterned broom for $6.99 sounds very intriguing! When the hell is my next day off?!

To read this mega-insightful shopping advisory please click here.

0 comments:

 
Template by suckmylolly.com