Thursday, September 18, 2008

Facebook, Anyone?

It's been 9 days since my last entry and I feel so bad that I haven't written for that long! The culprit? FACEBOOK!!!

Kristine Belarmino's Facebook profile

I learned, just a few days ago, that there is a certain group of friends of mine that I could only find here-- people I've been searching for for years via Friendster and MySpace but failed. They're the rich kids of Brent International School of Baguio, Philippines otherwise known as my high school classmates. And I am only saying that as-a-matter-of-factly. They're the golden kids and this is where they hide. But I sure am glad to be reconnecting with them.

But there's so much more! I know I may sound like a dork for discovering Facebook just now when it's been around for a while, when members have hundreds of friends and I have 32. I've been declining invitations from friends thinking it would, just like these other sites, take more time away from me performing the duties of a good mom and wife. Evidently, it also took time away from me performing the duties of a good blogger. But how can you not love Facebook, which, quoting my friend Les, is like a toy!

So what made me decide to join? Aside from my young 20-something-year old coworkers reminding me on a daily basis, I think I got especially curious when one of them asked the other, "Have you opened the Louis Vuitton gift that I sent you on Facebook? Did you like it?" I thought to myself, you could do that on Facebook?!

So here I am, telling everyone, Twitter style, how I'm doing right now. I've also been abusing the wall-to-wall feature, importing my blogs, became a fan of Jake Gyllenhaal, and sending Filipino food (with balut being my favorite) along with my personal messages. The first day I saw my coworkers after joining I asked them, "So did you get my Hermes gifts?" Which of course, was overheard by another coworker, and judging from the reaction on his face, we could also now call him another Facebook addict waiting to happen.

0 comments:

 
Template by suckmylolly.com