Tuesday, September 23, 2008

I Am Super (Cleaning) Mommy

Ever get those days when you're just on a roll and you don't even know where the energy comes from? Well yesterday was that day for me.

To begin, I thought for sure I was working my usual 4-hour closing shift but when I look at the family calendar I realized Mommy was off that day. We have this lovely calendar that a good friend of mine, Therese, gave me (along with many other things) for Christmas last year. It has five columns with tabs for every member of the family so we could all see everybody's schedule. The kids also get to customize their own tabs ("Mommy" is built in!) and some months they go crazy, some months they're just boring. So already I felt I could do so much more... like someone magical and powerful just added 6 hours to my day (if you count travel and getting ready time).


So now the big question is, what to do with my 30-hour day today?!

My husband made it easy by nagging me about our piling dirty clothes-- he's out of socks! Before you judge me please bear in mind that we live in a condo and we actually need quarters to activate the washer. Me, lazy? Nooooh, just out of quarters!!! But no such luck, because yesterday we actually had enough quarters for two loads. So wet those clothes went.

Next thing I knew I was pulling meat from the freezer, veggies from the fridge, and spices from the cabinet. I was cooking, scrubbing, dusting, spritzing, oh and don't you forget-- I have clothes in the washer!

By 10:45 the place looked amazingly decent. In my standards, at least. Let's just say it's good enough to let close friends and family in because they know and understand what a slob I am.

It's barely 11:00 and they kids don't get out of school until 3:00. It's time for my favorite past time-- MY Internet time!!! So I sneak back in my room to turn the computer on.... AND WAKE UP MY 2-YR OLD!!! In an instant chaos begins and then it dawned on me: THAT'S EXACTLY WHY. Silly me, and I thought I had a visit from a magic dust-sprinkling cleaning fairy godmother!!!
photo grabbed from www.parentingissues.net

0 comments:

 
Template by suckmylolly.com