Tuesday, September 2, 2008

Men and Their Cars

My husband finally found his big boy dream job. For now. We'll see how long this phase lasts. He works for a company that mostly delivers medical supplies from pharmacies to hospitals, nursing homes, and the like. Sometimes he also finds himself running around downtown like a madman delivering documents-- a disaster. The one time I came with him to help him with directions (since GPS won't work downtown) and watch the car too, in case a tow truck comes, he came this close to losing it and dumping people's paychecks on Lake Michigan. The good side of it though is that I get to drive the good car, and he gets to drive the okay one. Why with the high gas prices it only makes perfect sense!

Last night after coming home from work he asks, "How's the Land Cruiser?" I say it's fine. Then he goes, "You know when I bought that truck it was really you I had in mind. I remember when I first saw you in my 4runner (this was 7 years ago)-- you really looked good driving that truck. So now that you've put on some weight I thought I'd get you something bigger!" LOL! So I say, "So if I put on more weight what are you buying me, a dump truck?" He answers, "Why do you think we bought that dump truck in the Philippines?!" Men, oh men! And in case you were wondering what this picture to the right is for, this is where he wants me to park whenever I use it-- away from other cars, people and traffic! Now I'm not too sure if this really is a good thing!

0 comments:

 
Template by suckmylolly.com